QUESTION: How to migrate the Advanced Reporting database to another MS SQL Server?
The Advanced Reporting feature allows you migrate the database to another MS SQL Server.
You can disable the Advanced Reporting feature immediately, then migrate it to another database and enable it again.
The data collected during the migration can be imported later with the DB Importer tool.
Please perform the following steps in order to move the SQL database to the new SQL server:
1. Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to a source SQL Server instance.
2. Select a product database and right click on it.
3. Select Tasks | Back Up...
4. In the Back Up Database window, remember the path (Destination section) to which this database will be stored.
5. Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to a destination SQL Server instance.
6. Right click on the Databases and select Restore Database...
7. At the Source for restore section, select the From device radio button and press the Browse button (...)
8. In the Specify Backup window, click Add and select the file source database file (the database that was backed up) and click OK
9. Specify a database name and check the Restore check box under the 'Select the backup sets to restore' caption
10. Reconfigure the Advanced Reporting settings.