1) Active Directory Change Reporter (reviewed by TechRepublic) — This Active Directory auditing solution provides the automated Active Directory change monitoring and reporting capabilities mandated by many major compliance requirements. By tracking changes to users, groups, OUs and all other AD objects, NetWrix Active Directory Change Reporter streamlines compliance to common compliance regulations.
Applicable to PCI 8.5.1; FISMA AC-3; HIPAA: 164.308 (a); GLBA Tier 1: Objectives 4&7 and others.
2) File Server Change Reporter (reviewed on 4sysops.com) — This is a must-have tool for auditing file servers and filer appliances (such as NetApp and EMC). By detecting access and changes made to files, folders and permissions, while tracking newly created and deleted files, the NetWrix solution automates compliance to many common regulatory standards.
Applicable to FISMA AC-3; GLBA Tier 1: Objective 6; PCI 10.2; HIPAA: 164.312 (b) and others.
3) Event Log Manager (reviewed on 4sysops.com) — Provides the consolidation, reporting, alerting and archiving capabilities demanded by most auditors. The solution allows collection and reporting of event log data from multiple computers, centrally storing all critical events for convenient analysis and archiving.
Applicable to HIPAA: 164.308 (a); GLBA Tier 1: Objective 6; PCI 10.7; FISMA AU-5 and others.
4) SQL Server Change Reporter — Automates the auditing of all changes made to SQL Server configurations and databases. The product reports on changes made to SQL server instances, databases, users, roles, logins, schema changes, and other objects, allowing for the early change detection demanded by auditors.
Applicable to PCI 8.5.16; GLBA Tier 1: Objective 4; HIPAA: 164.308 (a) and others.
5) VMware Change Reporter (reviewed by TechTarget/SearchVirtualDesktop) — Streamlines auditing of changes in VMware vSphere configuration. The solution enforces controlled change management processes by sending daily reports that highlight changes made to ESX servers, folders, clusters, resource pools, permissions, virtual machines, and their hardware, including previous and current configuration values.
Applicable to HIPAA: 164.308 (a); GLBA Tier 1: Objectives 4 & 7; PCI 7.1 and others.
6) Password Manager (reviewed on activedirectorytools.net) — Allows users to reset forgotten passwords and unlock accounts without calling IT helpdesk through a web-based, self-service portal. The NetWrix tool, which enables secure password resets and demands identity verification for all self-service operations, automates adherence to common compliance standards.
Applicable to PCI 8.5.10; HIPAA: 164.308 (a); GLBA Tier 1: Objective 4 and others.
7) Logon Reporter (reviewed on 4sysops.com) — Enables automatic consolidation, reporting and archiving of all types of logon events from AD domain controllers, servers and workstations. The product stores data in a central location and ensures that no events are lost because of log overwrites, and provides clear visibility into successful and failed user logon activity that is required by most compliance regulations.
Applicable to FISMA AC-5; GLBA Tier 1: Objective 4; PCI 8.1; HIPAA: 164.308 (a) and others.
8) Group Policy Change Reporter (reviewed by Windows IT Pro) — This group policy change auditing tool sends daily reports detailing every change made to Group Policy objects, settings and links. The reports list created and deleted GPOs, GPO link changes, changes made to audit and password policies, software deployment, user desktops and other settings.
Applicable to FISMA AC-3; GLBA Tier 1: Objective 4; PCI 8.5.14 and others.
9) Inactive Users Tracker (reviewed by TechRepublic) – Automates the management of inactive user accounts. The program periodically checks all user accounts in specified domains and reports all accounts inactive for more than specified number of days, maintaining consistent processes for promptly removing access to departing employees.
Applicable to FISMA PS-4, HIPAA 164.308(a)(3)(ii)(C), PCI 8.5.5 and others.
10) Disk Space Monitor (reviewed by TechNet Magazine) – Keeps track of server disk space on domain controllers, file servers, SharePoint servers, Exchange servers, database servers and others. The product centrally monitors the free disk space of specified servers and sends daily reports and alerts about low disk space conditions based on configured thresholds.
Applicable to FISMA AU-4.