Banks, credit unions, insurance companies,
How to configure the Disk Space Monitor to work behind a Firewall
|Question||How do I configure the Disk Space Monitor to work behind a Firewall?|
|Answer||A Firewall may prevent Disk Space Monitor attempts to connect to the server and get information about the disk space. Make sure that port 135 is open.
Perform the following steps:
1. Run the firewall by going to Start | Control Panel | Windows Firewall.
2. Click the Exceptions tab and check the list of Programs and Services.
3. Make sure the list of Programs and Services contains the DCOM_TCP135 line.
If DCOM_TCP135 is not in the list of Programs and Services, perform the following steps:
1. Go to Start | Run | type "cmd" and press OK.
2. Type "netsh firewall add portopening protocol=tcp port=135 name=DCOM_TCP135" and press Enter.
3. Go to Start | Control Panel | Windows Firewall.
4. Click the Exceptions tab and make sure DCOM_TCP135 has been added to the list of Program and Services.
5. Go to Start | Control Panel| | Schedule Tasks. Run the Netwrix Disk Space Monitor scheduled task.
6. Open the mailbox you have specified to receive notifications and make sure the report displays disk space information about the server in question.