||How can I assign a specific user read-only permissions for the SQL Server Reporting Services reports?
||To grant a user read-only permissions, perform the following steps:
- Start Report Manager.
- Depending on SQL Server you use:
- For SQL Server 2005 (including Express) proceed with the following:
- Select the Properties tab and click the New Role Assignment button.
- Add the user or users group name, check the Browser box and click OK.
- For SQL Server 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 (including Express) proceed with the following:
- Click Site Settings -> Security and select New Role Assignment.
- In Group or user name, specify a Windows domain user or group account in this format: <domain>\<account>. Select System User, and then click OK.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio Express and connect to a server.
- Navigate to Security, right-click Logins and select New Login.
- On the General screen, select a user or users group.
- On the User Mappings screen, assign all tables related to NetWrix software the db_datareader role (for example NetWrix_FS_Change_Reporter, or NetWrix_Event_Log_Manager etc).
Note: If you are still unable to access the report manager after following this KB, add your user account to the local administrators group on the SQL server.