Banks, credit unions, insurance companies,
The User Activity Video Reporter Agent is not being installed on monitored server
|Symptoms||The “ Installation failed” error message is being listed for the one of monitored computers in the Netwrix Auditor console (monitored computers list)|
|Cause||This error indicates that agent failed to be installed for one of the following reasons:
1. RPC is not available on target machine.
2. Firewall blocks product activity
3. Remote registry service is not available
4. Target machine is not properly configured.
|Resolution||To troubleshoot the issue with agent installation please perform the following steps:
1) Please make sure that target computers configured properly per this article:
2) Make sure the following ports are opened on the local machine and target machine firewall settings:
TCP & UDP: 9002 & 9003 (DynamID authentication)
TCP & SMTP: For email notifications: 25 TCP & SMTP (For email notifications on local machine)
TCP & UDP: 53 DNS
TCP & UDP: 68 DHCP
TCP & UDP: 88 Kerberos
TCP & UDP:135 RPC
TCP & UDP:139 NetBIOS
TCP & UDP: 389 LDAP
TCP: 445 SMB
TCP: 1433 SQL (on local machine to write data to the database)
TCP & UDP: 3268 LDAP
TCP & UDP: 137 NetBIOS Name Service
TCP & UDP: 138 NetBIOS Datagram (Browsing)
Or disable firewall for testing purposes to localize the problem, the agent status should be update in 10 - 15 minutes.
3) Try to connect the target machine from the local server through remote registry (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785793(v=ws.10).aspx).