Send Knowledge Base Article
The article has been sent to your inbox successfully.
We never share your data
Error : "
: The following error occurred on agent installation: Class not registered"
KB1821 | Last review: Apr 14, 2014 | Netwrix Auditor for Windows Server | 4.0 and above
You get the following warnings after each data collection:
<server>: The following error occurred on agent installation: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154(REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
<server>: The following error occurred when analyzing changes for server
<server>: Agent operation failed due to the following error: Failed to update the agent on the following server: <server>
<server>: Windows Registry audit permissions are not enabled for this server.
|Cause||The most common reason for the these errors is Windows Firewall and blocked port 1322.
|Resolution||In order to resolve these issues:
1. Disable the Windows Firewall service on the target server and make sure that port 1322 is opened:
- Click Start > Run. Type services.msc and press Enter.
- Locate the Windows Firewall service, stop it and set to Disable.
2. Make sure the following services are started/stopped on the target server:
- Windows Instrumentation Management (WMI) - Started
- Remote Registry - Started
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC) - Started
- NetBIOS TCP/IP Helper - Started
3. Install the agent service manually:
- Copy the installation package (FullAgentSetup.msi) from the Windows Server Change Reporter installation folder to the problematic machine.
- Run it as administrator.
Was this information helpful?