Send Knowledge Base Article
The article has been sent to your inbox successfully.
We never share your data
How to reduce the NetWrix File Server Change Reporter database size?
KB1901 | Last review: Mar 31, 2014 | Netwrix Auditor for File Servers | All versions
|Question||How to reduce the NetWrix File Server Change Reporter database size?|
|Answer||You can reduce the database size by setting the SQL database retention period that allows controlling the amount of data stored in your SQL database. In accordance with this setting, the database size is automatically updated during the event collection process.
To configure the SQL database retention settings, do the following:
1. For Netwrix File Server auditing 3.3 version please use this KB - https://www.netwrix.com/kb/1700.
2. For Netwrix File Server auditing 3.5 version please perform the steps below:
- Start Netwrix Auditor console, and navigate to Managed Objects \ <your Managed Object> \ File Servers \ Reports.
- In the right pane, switch to the Settings tab, select the Store audit data in the database for () days check box, and specify the number of days (for example, 30 days).
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Note: the longer the period you specify, the larger your database size is.
The NetWrix File Server Change Reporter database size will be reduced during the next data collection.
Also if you do not need to monitor read attempts on File servers you can disable them in the managed object settings (Netwrix Auditor console | Managed Objects | <your Managed Object> | File Servers) and re-configure object-level audit on the file server. It will exclude a large amount of events from being generated in the file server security event log and reduce the size of collected information.
Was this information helpful?