Banks, credit unions, insurance companies,
Error message when you try to visit admin or helpdesk portal page: "HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized"
|Symptoms||When you try to visit the Admin or Helpdesk portal page, you may receive the following error message:
"401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials"
However Authentication settings are correct - Windows authentication is enabled, all other disabled.
|Cause||The Integrated Windows authentication native module section of the ApplicationHost.config file or of the Web.config file is not valid.|
Add the Integrated Windows authentication native module in IIS Manager:
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager;
2. In the Connections pane, expand the computer that is running IIS, expand Web Sites, and then click Default Web Site.
3. On the Default Web Site Home page, double-click Modules.
4. In the Actions pane, click Add Native Module.
5. In the Add Native Module dialog box, click to select the WindowsAuthenticationModule check box, and then click OK.
If it is not present there, please create it:
- In the Connections pane, click on the computer node that is running IIS and then click Modules on the right;
- In the Actions pane, click Configure Native Modules;
- In the Configure Native Modules dialog box, click to Register;
- Specify WindowsAuthenticationModule in the Name field and %windir%\System32\inetsrv\authsspi.dll under path, and then click OK.