Banks, credit unions, insurance companies,
Netwrix Releases In-Depth Report on IT Risks Faced by Organizations of Various Sizes, Verticals and Regions
The report details how organizations prepare themselves for cyber risks depending on their size, industry and region.
Orlando, FL, September 26, 2017
Netwrix Corporation, provider of a visibility platform for user behavior analysis and risk mitigation in hybrid environments, today announced the release of its 2017 IT Risks In-Depth Report. The announcement was made at Microsoft Ignite, which is being held in Orlando, FL on September 25–29, 2017.
The 2017 IT Risks In-Depth Report continues and complements Netwrix 2017 IT Risks Report released earlier this year. It is based on the feedback of 723 respondents, collected between March 15 and April 15, 2017. The report reveals how organizations of various sizes, operating in various industries and regions, have dealt with IT risks over the past year and what they plan to do to mitigate them in the future.
The key findings include:
- The focus of security initiatives differs for SMBs and large enterprises: 65% of large enterprises claim to have complete visibility into user activity and IT changes in databases, while the majority of SMBs (60%) have been prioritizing endpoint protection.
- 90% of technology companies do not use software for information security governance or risk management. 68% of technology and IT companies do not have dedicated cyber-security personnel.
- 50% of manufacturing companies have zero visibility into mobile devices, and 45% lack visibility into BYOD, despite the wide use of mobile devices for work purposes.
- 49% of educational institutions prioritize protection against data breach and fraud.
- Only 56% of healthcare organizations are fully aware of what is happening in their databases, despite the high interest of adversaries in healthcare records and tight compliance requirements.
- 100% of government entities see employees as the main threat to the cyber security, yet few have visibility into user activity across their IT infrastructures.
- More than a third (36%) of financial organizations do not have a separate cyber-security function — and this is the best result among all the industries surveyed.
- Only 30% of North-American organizations, 19% of European organizations and 14% of Asian-Pacific businesses consider themselves to be well-prepared for cyber threats.
"Clearly, approaches to cyber risk mitigation vary depending on an organization’s specific characteristics. Unfortunately, this survey reveals that organizations of all types are failing to keep up with modern threats, which now affect everybody. Many of them are struggling to establish control over the cloud and portable devices. Moreover, the IT infrastructure’s borders are disappearing and the attack surface is expanding. The only way to deal with this new reality is to gain visibility into user activity across the entire IT infrastructure. Organizations understand this very well and are inching toward better visibility and control, despite the many obstacles they have on the way," said Michael Fimin, CEO and co-founder of Netwrix.
To learn more about the IT risks organizations of various sizes, industries and regions face today, please visit: www.netwrix.com/2017itrisks_in-depth_report.html.
About Netwrix Corporation
Netwrix Corporation was the first vendor to introduce a visibility and governance platform for hybrid cloud security. More than 160,000 IT departments worldwide rely on Netwrix to detect insider threats on premises and in the cloud, pass compliance audits with less effort and expense, and increase productivity of IT security and operations teams. Founded in 2006, Netwrix has earned more than 100 industry awards and been named to both the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. For more information, visit www.netwrix.com
Avista PR for Netwrix
Your questions and feedback are always welcome. Please dial our toll-free number, 888-638-9749, or enter your question details here and we will reply as soon as possible.