Netwrix Releases Password Manager 6.1New self-service password management solution now includes a FREEWARE edition, supports 10 languages and integrates with Google Apps
Paramus, NJ, August 23, 2011
- Netwrix Corporation today announced the release of the new version of Netwrix Password Manager. This Netwrix self-service password management solution allows users to reset forgotten passwords and unlock accounts manually without costly involvement of IT help desk personnel.
- Version 6.1 of Netwrix Password Manager now includes many new features that enhance self-service capabilities and administrator controls to streamline compliance, enable implementation of strict password policies, and better address common identity management challenges. Major new features include:
- The Password Manager is now able to synchronize password changes between Active Directory domain accounts and Google Apps accounts (such as corporate Gmail access).
- User interface localization is now available in 10 languages. Newly added languages: German, French, Russian and Hebrew. Already supported languages: English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Slovak, and Chinese.
- Freeware edition is now available, see below for more details.
- The new Batch Enrollment feature enables administrators to import the existing users' identity verification data from an organization's HR database (such as dates of birth, mother’s maiden names etc) to further decrease costs of password management.
- New security features, such as optional password expiration, restriction of custom verification questions, separate sets of predefined verification questions for different domains etc.
- And more features – read the full list.
- Netwrix Password Manager is available for a free 20-day evaluation.
- Freeware edition of the Password Manager is now available the first time starting with this new release. The Freeware self-service password reset product supports up to 50 users and has no functionality limitations. The Standard edition is licensed per user account and supports an unlimited amount of users.
- Netwrix Password Manager is also available as a part of Netwrix Identity Management Suite, which includes tools for privileged account management, user provisioning, account lockout management and more. The Suite components can be purchased individually or together with highly discounted pricing structure. Netwrix Identity Management Suite is also available for a free 20 day evaluation.
Chris Rich , Senior Director of Product Management, Netwrix Corporation
“Forgotten passwords and account lockouts take up a large chunk of the average IT department's administrative burden,” said Rich. “Password complexity and expiration policy requirements lead to frequently forgotten passwords and account lockouts, and more often than not, users are forced to turn to the helpdesk for lockout resolution. More and more IT departments are now relying on self-service password management techniques that eliminate most of these password-related support calls by allowing users reset forgotten passwords on their own.”
Alex Vovk, CTO, Netwrix Corporation
“The Password Manager has always been one of Netwrix's most popular solutions,” said Vovk. “It's a quick and easy solution to a common and often overwhelming IT help desk problem. Recent additions to the newest version, such as support of Google Apps accounts, interface localization for 10 languages, and various security options were in high demand by our customers, and now that it's available in a freeware edition, even the smallest organizations can enjoy the benefits of streamlined self-service password management.”
Matt Roberts, www.activedirectorytools.net
“The task of managing user accounts and passwords is a time consuming and daunting task for helpdesk staff,” said Roberts. “This task is one of the most common reasons users call the helpdesk. A better, more efficient solution that allows end users to manage their own account lockouts and password resets can be extremely beneficial. Netwrix Password Manager provides this solution with an easy, secure, and simple deployment method.”
- Tweet this: # New version of Netwrix Password Manager with Google Apps, 10 languages and more: https://url2open.com/PRM6
- Learn more about Netwrix solutions for identity management.
- Attend a free identity management webinar for a demonstration of identity management capabilities
About Netwrix Corporation
Netwrix Corporation is a highly specialized provider of solutions for IT infrastructure change auditing. Change auditing is the core competency of Netwrix and no other vendor focuses on this more extensively. This is why Netwrix is #1 for Change Auditing, selected by thousands of satisfied customers around the world. With the broadest platform coverage available in the industry, innovative technology and strategic roadmap aiming to support most types of IT systems, devices and applications, Netwrix offers award-winning change auditing solutions at very competitive prices, matched with great customer service. Founded in 2006, Netwrix Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in Paramus, NJ, with regional offices in Los Angeles and Boston.
© 2011 Netwrix Corporation. All rights reserved. Netwrix is a trademark of Netwrix Corporation and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Netwrix news releases: www.netwrix.com/rss