Banks, credit unions, insurance companies,
Going Far Beyond Native SharePoint Reporting Tools with Netwrix Auditor
Using native tools, how much time does it take you to create a report on SharePoint changes or access? Knowing that even a small change to user content, permissions or farm configuration can result in a data breach and threaten your business continuity puts additional pressure on you. But what if reports were so detailed and easy-to-read that you could identify risky activity in minutes? With the right tools at your fingertips, you can gain pervasive visibility with actionable reports, from SharePoint lists changes to who accessed which information across your Microsoft SharePoint.
Using native SharePoint reporting tools to monitor activity is difficult
To stay on top of activity that happens across your SharePoint sites, you can leverage the capabilities offered by SharePoint Server, such as using SQL Server Reporting Services to generate reports from SharePoint list activity to content changes. However, make sure you have lots of time on your hands, because to create reports on SharePoint activity, you’ll need to first export audit data into Excel or another format, and then spend serious time digging through rows and rows of hard-to-read events in order to detect an unwarranted change to permissions or an unauthorized access to your sensitive document. Moreover, the longer it takes you to identify a potential threat, the greater the risk that it will be too late to take action. Plus, native tools lack automatic report delivery, tying your hands tight in terms of streamlining reporting processes.
Slashing time on creating reports on SharePoint activity with Netwrix Auditor
Netwrix Auditor for SharePoint is a SharePoint reporting tool that goes far beyond the capabilities of native reporting by providing deep insights about changes to sites, content and configuration, as well as reports on access events to your sensitive information. Its detailed security intelligence empowers you to mitigate the risk of attacks or threatening activity going unnoticed, and thereby ensure the security and ongoing availability of your critical assets.
With Netwrix Auditor, you can:
- Identify aberrant activity in minutes with actionable reports on SharePoint list changes, changes to content or farm configuration, data reads, and much more. You can find all the critical details you need about every action, including who performed the action, and when and where it occurred.
- Save time on report preparation by simply subscribing to the reports you need; they’ll be delivered automatically on the schedule you specify.
- Dig deeper into the root cause of any suspicious action with the Google-like, interactive search.
- Remediate insider threats faster with alerts on critical activity.
- Keep your SharePoint audit data in a two-tiered (file-based + SQL Server database) storage for years.
- Stay on top of what’s going on across your SharePoint Online by using Netwrix Auditor for Office 365.