Netwrix Auditor 8.0 now enables visibility and data governance
File analysis functionality introduced in Netwrix Auditor platform enables better information management and storage optimization
Irvine, CA, May 10, 2016
Netwrix Corporation, a provider of IT auditing software that delivers complete visibility into IT infrastructure changes and data access, announced today that Netwrix Auditor 8.0 offers new extensive data governance functionality. A new file analysis feature allows customers to enable user behavior analytics across Windows-based, NetApp, and EMC storage to ensure visibility into both structured and unstructured data.
Netwrix Auditor is a visibility and governance platform that enables control over changes, configurations and access in hybrid cloud IT environments to protect data at rest regardless of its location. The platform provides security analytics to detect anomalies in user behavior and investigate threat patterns before a data breach occurs. File analysis functionality allows organizations to make better information management decisions about critical data, improve internal controls and resource planning, and comply with various requirements.
New file analysis features available in Netwrix Auditor 8.0 empower customers to:
Improve data security
- Control access to business-critical data. The new predefined reports provide detailed information about excessive access rights and overexposed data. They also indicate effective permissions and how they were granted, which allows IT teams to stay proactive and prevent insider threats and data exfiltration.
- Prevent ransomware threats. More comprehensive visibility into systems and data allows quicker detection of suspicious activities or anomalous spikes of activities that may originate from ransomware. It also allows users to deconstruct the kill chain and mitigate possible damage.
- Enable user behavior analytics. Netwrix Auditor enables anomaly detection such as suspiciously high number of reads, data tampering, and failed access attempts. The drill down and cross-system capability allows to conduct detailed investigation of security incidents across all IT systems.
Optimize file storage and reduce storage costs
- Identify stale files. Netwrix Auditor shows duplicate, unused, and most used files, as well as empty folders. Knowing what files can be safely deleted, organizations are able to optimize storage use and related costs.
- Engage data owners in data governance process. The software indicates data owners and data users, who access and manipulate certain data most often. This enables IT staff to engage users in data governance process to increase its efficiency.
“File analysis enables storage managers, legal and security professionals, and business analysts to understand and manage unstructured data stores to reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency of business-critical data, and make better information management decisions for unstructured data,” stated Gartner Market Guide for File Analysis Software, 4 August, 2015.
"Unstructured data stored on file shares is often the most critical and the least governed sensitive asset in an organization. Compliance requirements and internal policies require companies to ensure continuous control over unstructured data to enable better security and better governance of sensitive data. Visibility and user behavior analytics allows companies to enhance data governance, detect anomalies and ransomware, prevent data exfiltration, and address one of the most challenging tasks for CIOs: detection and prevention of insider misuse,” commented Michael Fimin, CEO and co-founder of Netwrix.
To learn more about the newest release of Netwrix Auditor, please visit: https://start.netwrix.com/file_analysis.html
About Netwrix Corporation
Netwrix Corporation provides IT auditing software that delivers complete visibility into IT infrastructure changes and data access, including who changed what, when and where each change was made, and who has access to what. Over 150,000 IT departments worldwide rely on Netwrix to audit IT infrastructure changes and data access, prepare reports required for passing compliance audits, and increase the efficiency of IT operations. Founded in 2006, Netwrix has earned more than 70 industry awards and was named to both the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. For more information, visit www.netwrix.com
Avista PR for Netwrix
Your questions and feedback are always welcome. Please dial our toll-free number, 888-638-9749, or enter your question details here and we will reply as soon as possible.