A Hacker Explains: How Attackers Break in
About this webinar
Today, hacking tools are so easy to find and use that attackers no longer need specialized skills and knowledge; they simply deploy the tool of their choice. As a result, attacks are more frequent than ever, and it’s critical for internal information technology and security teams to spot them quickly. The key to protecting your environment is knowing what types of attacks to look for.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What common attack methods can be used to compromise a network, server or device
- How to identify the threats to your information security space
- How to mitigate the risk of the attacks
- What tools can help you to identify attacks
Password123456: Summoning the Password Cracking Beast
Learning how to crack passwords is fun and incredibly useful for assessing the security of your IT environment. It used to be a considerable time and money sponge, requiring you to drop a big chunk of change on a beefy desktop and invest some serious time in building and configuring it. The good news is that now, thanks to the power of the cloud, we can build a rocking virtual cracking box that can try millions of password guesses per second — all for about a dollar an hour.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Build a Linux-based password-cracking VM in minutes
- Install and configure cracking tools and word lists
- Crack Active Directory and wireless passwords
- Make sure your password policy is strong enough to resist password cracking