A Hacker Explains: How Attackers Break in
About this webinar
Today, hacking tools are so easy to find and use that attackers no longer need specialized skills and knowledge; they simply deploy the tool of their choice. As a result, attacks are more frequent than ever, and it’s critical for internal information technology and security teams to spot them quickly. The key to protecting your environment is knowing what types of attacks to look for.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What common attack methods can be used to compromise a network, server or device
- How to identify the threats to your information security space
- How to mitigate the risk of the attacks
- What tools can help you to identify attacks
Spectre, Meltdown, and the Impact of Security Vulnerabilities on your IT Environment
Most vulnerabilities that organizations have to deal with are related to a specific product or operating system. Occasionally, however, vulnerabilities are disclosed in hardware that is used in almost every business, as is the case with CPU vulnerabilities such as Spectre and Meltdown.
In this session, Orin Thomas and Jeff Melnick will discuss:
- how speculative execution and side channel methods work
- what impact they may have on your IT environment
- steps that you can take to mitigate the vulnerabilities