Banks, credit unions, insurance companies,
Security concerns and lack of visibility hinder cloud adoption, say 65% of IT pros
Netwrix 2015 Cloud Security Survey reveals unauthorized access and account hijacking are the leading security risks associated with the cloud
Irvine, CA, December 1, 2015
Netwrix Corporation, a provider of IT auditing software that delivers complete visibility into IT infrastructure changes and data access, today released the results of its global 2015 Cloud Security Survey that show that when it comes to migrating to the cloud, 65% of companies are concerned with security and 40% are concerned with their loss of physical control over data in the cloud.
While security is gaining increasing attention from cloud technology and service providers, the lack of visibility into sensitive data stored externally increases security risks and raises fears that are still holding back wider cloud adoption. Netwrix surveyed more than 600 IT professionals worldwide, who represent technology, manufacturing, government, healthcare, finance, education and other industries, to answer questions about cloud security, expectations from cloud providers and measures being taken to ensure data security.
Other key survey findings show that:
- A hybrid cloud deployment model is preferred by 44% of respondents as they transition from on premises infrastructure to a cloud-based model. Private clouds attract 37% of organizations prepared to invest in additional security.
- 69% of companies are afraid that migration to the cloud will increase risks of unauthorized access while 43% worry about account hijacking.
- Companies migrating to the cloud plan to enforce internal security policies: 56% plan to improve identity and authentication management; 51% will utilize encryption; and around 45% of medium and large enterprises plan to establish auditing of changes and user activity.
- Overall, 13% of organizations reject adoption of cloud technology in the near future. However, 30% of them are ready to reconsider their decision as soon as cloud security mechanisms are improved.
- Some 30% of organizations already take advantage of improved cloud security, while more than 40% of organizations are ready to invest in additional security guarantees, if offered.
- Overall, 71% of enterprises perceive continuous auditing of cloud infrastructure as a very important part of security guarantees to ensure data integrity in the cloud.
"We wanted to find out the exact reasons that prevent companies from cloud adoption and taking advantage of all the benefits it offers," said Alex Vovk, CEO and co-founder of Netwrix. "The survey revealed the interesting fact that even though the cloud is not a new technology, the cloud market has a good potential to grow further. Advanced security solutions and true visibility into what is going on across the cloud infrastructure will help companies minimize security risks, take back control over business-critical assets and accelerate cloud adoption."
Learn more about cloud technology concerns and download the 2015 Cloud Security Survey: http://www.netwrix.com/go/cloudsurvey2015
About Netwrix Corporation
Netwrix Corporation provides IT auditing software that delivers complete visibility into IT infrastructure changes and data access, including who changed what, when and where each change was made, and who has access to what. Over 150,000 IT departments worldwide rely on Netwrix to audit IT infrastructure changes and data access, prepare reports required for passing compliance audits, and increase the efficiency of IT operations. Founded in 2006, Netwrix has earned more than 70 industry awards and was named to both the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. For more information, visit www.netwrix.com
E.S. Jones Public Relations