Effective January 1, 2023
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
"Personal Information" generally means information that identifies you as an individual and other information we associate with it. We collect several types of Personal Information, from several sources, depending on the Offerings you use.
1. Personal Information we collect directly from you
We may collect Personal Information directly from you in the following situations.
- Contact Information such as name, business email, phone number, or address for you or others (e.g., principles in your business or billing contacts), when you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our products; create an account on our Site; request customer support, via our online help center or community forum; use the "Contact Us" or similar features on the Site; register to receive alerts or newsletters; register for, attend, or participate in an event or webinar; or download certain content from our Site.
- Applicant Information. If you apply for an employment opportunity with Netwrix, we collect your name, email, phone number, address, and the information you provide in your application materials and during any interview process.
- Reviews and Feedback. If you voluntarily submit certain information to us, such as by filling out a survey about your user experience, providing feedback, or submitting a review of our products, we collect the information that you have provided.
2. Automatically collected device and usage information
We use common information-gathering tools, such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, and similar technologies, to automatically collect information as you navigate our Site, our services, or interact with emails we have sent to you.
We may record certain information about visitors to our Site, including the web request, interaction with the Site including pages and files viewed, date and time stamp, IP address, language preference, location (depending on your device and browser settings), device and mobile identifiers, browser information, operating system and configuration, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, referring website, and other such information. This information is used to analyze overall trends, help us provide and improve our Site and products and services, provide a tailored experience to users, and to secure and maintain our Site.
We may also collect similar information from emails you receive from us that can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
For additional information, please see the "Analytics, Cookies and Similar Technology" section below.
3. Information we receive from third parties
We also collect some Personal Information from third parties, such as publicly available databases or social media platforms; and vendors who compile information for our use, such as in recruiting or sales leads.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information as permitted by law and for the following businesses purposes:
- provide and administer the Offerings and our products and services;
- process and fulfill orders in connection with our products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- help you complete a transaction or order and provide customer support;
- bill you for products and services;
- respond to your inquiries;
- provide training and support services;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, such as by administering, developing, enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities;
- perform data analytics, such as research, trend analysis, and financial analysis;
- communicate with you about your account and orders including sending emails relating to your account status, order confirmations, renewal or expiration notices and other important information;
- conduct advertising, marketing and sales activities, including sending promotional materials, generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, promotions and surveys;
- protect against unauthorized use or abuse of our Site and services;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- protect the health, safety and security of our employees;
- comply with and enforce relevant industry standards, contractual and legal obligations and our policies; and
- maintain and enhance the security of our Site and other online channels, products, services, and information resources.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Depending on your use of the Offerings, we may share Personal Information with the following entities:
- Third party service providers we have engaged to perform services on our behalf, such as website and blog hosting, recruiting, data analysis, research and analytics, marketing, event planning, payment processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer support/service, email delivery services, data analytics, and other such services to us, and for the purposes of providing those services;
- Professional advisers acting as service providers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers based in the countries in which we operate, and who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, accounting, audit/compliance and similar services;
- Customers, for instance to connect authorized users of our products and services with their company administrator, to report and help manage issues requiring support, to verify account or activity information, investigating suspicious activity, or enforcing our terms and policies;
- Other users of the Offerings where you have chosen to submit or share Personal Information, for instance in the community forum, comments on our blogs, or reviews of our products;
- Our sales partners, including distributors and authorized resellers of our products and services, to offer and provide our products and services to you;
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- To comply with legal obligations.
ANALYTICS, COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Netwrix uses technologies such as web beacons, pixels, and tags, alone or in conjunction with cookies, to gather information about the use of our Site and how people interact with our emails. A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
Third Party Services
Third parties provide certain services available on this website. We may provide information, including Personal Information that we collect on the Web to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers are also an important means by which we maintain our website and mailing lists. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on our behalf. We do not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on our behalf unless such transfer is legally required. Similarly, it is against our policy to sell Personal Information collected online without consent.
When you visit the Site, we, or an authorized third party, may place a cookie on your device that collects information, including IP address and other identifiers associated with your device and device characteristics, or your activity on the Site. Cookies allow us to monitor Site usage, identify trends and track statistics, and improve and customize your experience. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. To opt-out of Google Analytics, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Please note that by choosing to disable all cookies, you may limit your ability to use some features on our Site.
We also use web beacons and pixels on our Site and in emails. For example, we may place a pixel in marketing emails that lets us know when you click on a link in the email. We use these technologies to operate and improve our Site and marketing emails. For instructions on how to unsubscribe from marketing emails, please see "Your Rights and Choices" below.
Do Not Track
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our online channels (such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Netwrix is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
Wherever your Personal Information is held by Netwrix or on its behalf, we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure.
The Site and our products and services are not intended for use by children and Netwrix does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Updating Your Information
To the extent that you provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate records, and should you need to update or correct that Information, you may contact us as indicated below and we will make reasonable efforts to update your Personal Information as soon as practicable.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional or email marketing communications from or on behalf of Netwix by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email. We may still continue to send you certain emails relating to use of the Site, service announcements, or similar administrative or transactional messages.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND DISCLOSURES
California residents have certain additional rights under state law.
Right to Know
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we have disclosed;
- The categories of third parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete
If you are a California resident, you may request that we delete your Personal Information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights, please submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com. In your request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request, in which case we will contact you at the email address you provide.
California residents may designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. We will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and will verify your identity directly with you.
We will not discriminate against you in price or service for exercising your rights.
No Sales of Personal Information
Netwrix does not sell Personal Information of California consumers nor do we disclose the Personal Information of Netwrix’s California customers to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
We adhere to local data protection laws in the European Economic Area, and in particular the General Data Protection Regulation. Residents of the EEA may click here to learn more.