Privileged Access Risk Dashboards of SecureONE Visualize and Reduce Attack Surface
Remediant, now part of Netwrix, today announces the release of v2.12 SecureONE platform update (now Netwrix Privilege Secure for Discovery). With this month's release, Remediant leads the industry in providing Privileged Access Risk dashboards for executives and security practitioners. These dashboards help organizations visualize, analyze, and reduce their privileged attack surface and prevent lateral movement attacks such as ransomware.
We recognize that many organizations are challenged with:
- Providing stakeholders (business and technical) a visual display of the total privileged access sprawl at any point in time.
- Enabling security practitioners to analyze and prioritize the removal of excessive and unnecessary group and user based privileged access.
- Setting time-based goals to measure and track progress towards the reduction of their privileged attack surface and stopping lateral movement attacks such as ransomware.
While the traditional privileged access management (PAM) solutions have tried to address this need through basic reporting capabilities, no comprehensive solution exists today that addresses the reporting needs of business and technical decision-makers as well as security practitioners.
Below are key features and details on the three Privileged Access Risk dashboards that are available with this month’s release that helps organizations visualize, analyze and reduce their attack surface.
Privileged Users Access Dashboard:
- Provides executives a point-in-time graphical representation of the total instances of users who have privileged access via group access and direct access. This chart enables executives to set time-based goals (days, weeks, and months) to remove excessive privileged accounts and to periodically measure progress towards these goals.
- Enables security practitioners to view and prioritize efforts to reduce the excessive privileged access among the riskiest groups (for e.g., groups with domain access, most users and systems) and riskiest users and enable Just-in-Time (JIT) admin access as needed.
Segregation Access Dashboard:
- Enables executives to view privileged access across tiers such as domain access and servers vs. servers and workstations to determine the users and groups that are most at risk of being compromised.
- Helps security practitioners to view the riskiest groups and users by tiers (domain, servers, and workstations) and prioritize actions to reduce the attack surface and stop lateral movement between tiers by removing excessive admin access and replacing it with JIT access as needed.
Cumulative Access Dashboard:
- Provides executives with the total instances of privileged users based on the combination of workstations and servers at any point in time. This chart enables executives to set time-based goals (days, weeks, and months) to remove excessive privileged accounts in order to reduce their attack surface and periodically measure progress towards these goals.
Security practitioners can also obtain the average number of standing privileged access accounts/per system which enables them to prioritize the removal of excess privileged access from the riskiest systems and enable JIT admin access as needed. For example, they can prioritize removing excess privileged access from servers that contain sensitive corporate data versus workstations that do not.
Benefits of Privileged Access Risk Dashboard:
- Provides executives (business and technical) a point-in-time graphical view so they can easily understand the current state of privileged access sprawl.
- Enables security practitioners to prioritize the removal of standing privileged access by displaying the riskiest groups and users that exist in their organizations.
- Helps set up time-based goals and track progress towards the reduction of the privileged access risk and stop lateral movement attacks by enabling JIT admin access as needed.
Netwrix makes data security easy. Since 2006, Netwrix solutions have been simplifying the lives of security professionals by enabling them to identify and protect sensitive data to reduce the risk of a breach, and to detect, respond to and recover from attacks, limiting their impact. More than 13,500 organizations worldwide rely on Netwrix solutions to strengthen their security and compliance posture across all three primary attack vectors: data, identity and infrastructure.
For more information, visit www.netwrix.com.
Your questions and feedback are always welcome. Please dial our toll-free number: 888 - 638 - 9749, or enter your question details here and we will reply as soon as possible.
Erin Jones, Avista PR for Netwrix
Phone: 704 - 664 - 2170