Sony Pictures Networks India Slashes Time Spent on SOX Audits & Compliance by 5 Times
It is not possible for a human being to track and control absolutely everything that is happening across the IT environment. But Netwrix Auditor can do that. It monitors all the activity in a crossplatform way, helping my team streamline compliance and audits, ensure the security of highly sensitive information, and avoid disruptions to business operations. This software is brilliant.
Dinesh Vora, Associate Vice President of IT Infrastructure & Security,
Sony Pictures Networks India
- Secure sensitive data to avoid non-compliance repercussions or reputational damage for the Sony brand.
- Establish cross-platform monitoring of the IT environment to optimize processes for SOX compliance.
- Ensure the availability of business-critical systems to ensure the business running smoothly and entertaining millions of viewers daily.
Netwrix Auditor is extremely valuable for mitigating ransomware. It alerts the Infosec team to activity that could be a sign of crypto intrusion, such as bulk file modifications or failed access attempts, so we can step in and keep the infection from spreading.
Dinesh Vora, Associate Vice President of IT Infrastructure & Security, Sony Pictures Networks India
Dinesh liked Netwrix Auditor for its single–pane–of–glass approach. It provided a centralized view of all the systems and applications and enabled his team to easily track the activity in a cross-platform way.
- Tracking data manipulations. With daily reports on access events, file modifications and deletions, as well as alerts on abnormal events, Netwrix Auditor provides clear insights into what happens on the company’s file servers. Thus, the IT staff can better manage risks to sensitive information, including ransomware.
- Achieving sustainable compliance. In just several minutes a day, Dinesh reviews activity across the entire environment to validate the company’s ongoing compliance with SOX. Moreover, he expects that Netwrix Auditor will reduce the time spent on both audit preparation and the audits themselves. Instead of 5 days, they will need just one day to prepare for an audit and finding answers for auditors' additional questions will take minutes instead of days.
- Improving control over business-critical systems. Active Directory provides authentication across the whole network and SharePoint is used for most business workflows — and Netwrix Auditor enables Dinesh to gain better control over both. He checks for changes made to Active Directory so he can immediately detect and investigate problems. As for SharePoint, he can track changes to both farm configurations and content in order to make sure that the system runs smoothly and the information there is correct.
- Enhanced data security
- Ensured compliance & streamlined audits
- Minimized risk of business downtime
Sony Pictures Networks (SPN) India (formerly Multi Screen Media Private Ltd) is a leading television network in India and a subsidiary of Sony Corporation, which owns and operates the Sony Entertainment network of television channels. SPN comprises Sony Entertainment Television (SET), one of India's leading Hindi general entertainment television channels; MAX, India's premium Hindi movies and special events channel; MAX 2, a second Hindi movie channel showcasing great Indian cinema; SAB, a family comedy entertainment channel; PIX, an English movie channel; AXN, the leader amongst English entertainment channels; AATH, the Bangla movie channel; MIX a refreshing Hindi music channel; SIX and SONY ESPN, a cluster of sports entertainment channels; LIV, a digital entertainment channel; and SPN’s Motion Pictures division (formerly MSM Motion Pictures). Sony Pictures Networks India is in its 22nd year in India.
Customer: Sony Pictures Networks India
Industry: Entertainment & Leisure