How to deploy Password Manager client via System Center Configuration Manager 2012 SP1
|Question||How to to deploy Password Manager client via System Center Configuration Manager 2012 SP1?|
NOTE. If you do not need a detailed description on how to create a new package, program and advertisement in System Center Configuration Manager, refer to Step 2 point 7 to find the command line string parameter for the deployed program. Also, please refer to this article if you use System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
To install Netwrix Password Manager Logon Prompt Extension via System Center Configuration Manager (simplest scenario) perform the following steps.
Step 1. Prepare files for deployment. Package should include prm_client.msi itself and gina_registry_settings.reg with settings. Draft gina_registry_settings.reg is attached to the article.
1. Change the prm_client.msi default settings if needed, refer to this article if you want to change this.
2. Edit gina_registry_settings.reg file with Notepad to apply required settings. Un-comment the required values (remove #) and change them. Refer to this article describing keys ad values
NOTE. PM_Server is mandatory.
NOTE. Remove the Wow6432Node registry key from the file if you are going to use the client on a 32-bit machine.
Step 2. Create a new package in SCCM
1. Launch SCCM 2012 Configuration Manager and choose Software Library node
2. Right-click on Packages and choose Create package
3. On the Package node of Create Package and Program Wizard, provide the Name of the package (for example, Netwrix logon Prompt Extension) and fill in all other fields (optional)
4. Enable This package contains source files option, click Browse and specify the source folder, which contains prm_client.msi and gina_registry_settings.reg files, then click Next
NOTE. If you choose Network path (UNC name) in Source folder location, the source folder should be shared for everyone with Read permission
5. On Program Type node, choose Standard program, then click Next
6. Provide the Name of the package (for example, Netwrix Logon Prompt Extension), set all other options as needed
NOTE. The recommended option values are:
8. On Requirements node, specify the desired requirements for deploying a client, then click Next
9. On the Summary node, check all the details, then click Next
10. Wait for completing the creation of the package, then click Close
Step 3. Deploy the package
1. On the Packages node, right-click on the created package and choose Deploy
2. On the General node of the Deploy Software Wizard, choose the collection for deployment the package, then click Next
3. On the Content node click Add and choose your Distribution point (or Distribution point group, if you have Hierarchy with CAS), then click Next
4. On the Deployment Settings node, set the desired settings to control the deployment, then click Next
5. On the Scheduling node, specify the desired schedule settings for this deployment, then click Next
6. On the User Experience node, specify the desired settings for user experience for this deployment. then click Next
7. On the Distribution Points node, choose the desired deployment options (it is recommended to set Download content from distribution point and run locally for both options), then click Next
8. On the Summary node, check the details of the deployment, then click Next
9. Wait for completion of the deployment and click Close
Now everything is all set for Logon Prompt Extension cilent deployment via SCCM 2012.