||How do I migrate Netwrix databases to another MS SQL Server instance?
- Configure new SQL instance
- On the Netwrix server stop Netwrix Auditor Archive Service and Netwrix Auditor Management Service
- Backup all Netwrix databases on the old SQL Server instance except for Netwrix_CommonDB, Netwrix_ImportDB, Netwrix_Auditor_EventLog, ReportServer, ReportServerTempDB. Perform the following steps:
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the original SQL Server instance
- Select a product database and right click it
- Select Tasks - > Back Up...
- In the Backup Database window, remember the path (Destination section) where this database backup will be stored
- Copy database backups to the server where new SQL Server instance resides
- On the new SQL Server instance perform the following steps:
- Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the destination SQL Server instance.
- Right click Databases node and select Restore Database...
- At the Source for Restore section, select From device radio button and click Browse (...)
- In the Specify Backup window, click Add and select the file source database file (the database that was backed up) and click OK
- Specify a database name and check the Restore box under the Select the backup sets to restore caption
- Reconfigure Advanced Reporting settings
- Stop old SQL instance (you could simply stop SQL Server service on the old SQL Server).
- Start Netwrix Auditor Archive Service and Netwrix Auditor Management Service
- Open Netwrix Auditor console -> Settings -> Audit Database -> Specify new SQL Server and Reporting Service settings.
- Open Netwrix Auditor console -> run the Search with filter When Equals Last 7 days. If you see the data, that means the databases were migrated successfully and the new SQL Server is being used. Feel free to start the old SQL Server instance if it’s being used for any other tasks.