These article describes the steps that need to be done to move Netwrix Password Manager installation to a new server.
||How to migrate NetWrix Password Manager to another server?
To migrate NetWrix Password Manager perfrom the following steps:
- Install NetWrix Password Manager on a new server.
- Then, stop the product service on the new server.
- Stop the NetWrix Password Manager service on the old server
- Copy the following files from the Password Manager installation directory on the old server to the same location on the new server:
- PredefinedQuestions.txt (if you changed predefined questions)
- Templates subfolder (if you cahnged notifications text)
- Start the NetWrix Password Manager service on the new server.
- Wait for several minutes to allow the service read the users enrollment data.
- Go to Administrative portal and apply license
- Make sure firewall is configured corretly o the new server to accept connections
NOTE. If you use the Password Manager clients, change the Password Manager server address in their settings.To do this, perform the following steps
- Navigate to Start - > Group Policy Management Console snap-in.
- Right-click the GPO created for NetWrix Password Manager and select Edit from the popup menu.
- In the dialog that opens, navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> <Your_Password_Manager_Template>.
- In the right pane, specify the new server URL in the Password Manager Server URL entry field.