Banks, credit unions, insurance companies,
|Question||How do I get the values of the additional attributes to be displayed in any particular SSRS based report.
|Answer||It is possible to make some the following reports display the values of the additional attributes. Usually the reports are called Modification/Created/Deleted with details. The most popular are the following:
- All User Changes with Advanced Attributes;
- User Created with Details;
- User Deleted with Details;
To do that please follow the steps:
1. Determine the report you want to show the additional information in:
a. If you want the "Modification" report to show the additional attributes you need - processmodifiedprops.txt file located in the installation folder;
b. For "Created" reports - processaddedprops.txt;
c. For "Deleted" reports - processdeletedprops.txt;
2. Find out the AD object you are interested in. For example: user, computer, group, etc.
3. Find out the attribute name you want to be displayed. Like: mail, employeeID, etc. The attribute can be found in the Attribute editor in Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in. Note: it is case sensitive.
4. Open the text file according to the first step and put the following line: objectType:Attribute:
NOTE: Each attribute should be put in a separate line. The pound key at the beginning of a line means exclusion of the line.