||How do I get Subscription report attachments to save to disk?
||This will require Outlook and an Outlook rule to save the attachment to disk.
Follow the steps below to create an Outlook rule that will output the attachment to a specified location:
This will allow you to use this script in the rules section. Follow the steps below to create the Outlook rule that will use this:
- Open the VBA IDE in Outlook(Shortcut key is Alt-F11)
- Insert the code below into the Modules section, you can find Modules by expanding the tree on the left side until you see Modules (If there is not a Module item under Modules, create one by Right-Clicking on Modules and choose Insert -> Module)
Public Sub saveAttachtoDisk (itm As Outlook.MailItem)
Dim objAtt As Outlook.Attachment
Dim saveFolder As String
saveFolder = "c:\temp\"
For Each objAtt In itm.Attachments
objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & "\" & objAtt.DisplayName
Set objAtt = Nothing
- Where it says "saveFolder" in the code above, modify this to match the destination of your choice.
- Paste the code above into the main VBA window
- Close out of the VBA IDE
After these steps have been performed, when you receive a Subscription e-mail, the attachment should be saved to the location you specified in the code.
- Create a new Rule(Tools -> Rules and Alerts -> New Rule)
- On the first screen, select "Check messages when they arrive"
- On the next screen, specify criteria that will match the message you get for subscriptions(I.E Search for attachment extension type, or specific words in the subject/body)
- On the third screen, choose "Run a script". You should be able to click the underlined word "Script" and see the code pasted from earlier
- Click "Finish"