This article applies to Netwrix Auditor 7.0 - 8.5 and provides instructions on how to store your Long-Term Archive to a desired location.
||How can I move my Long-Term Archive to a desired location?
||If you use Netwrix Auditor 6.5 and below, refer to How to move Audit Archive to a new location.
If you use Netwrix Auditor 9.0 and above, refer to How to move Long-Term Archive to a new location (Netwrix Auditor 9.0 and above)
Note: After upgrade from Netwrix Auditor 8.0 to 8.5, the product stores audit data contained in both Long-term Archive and Short-Term Archive to the same directory. So, you need to move your Short-term Archive prior to Long-Term Archive. Contact Netwrix technical support for instructions on how to move Short-Term Archive to a new location.
To move Long-Term Archive to another location:
- Navigate to the Managed Object, pick an audited system and unselect the Enable checkbox. Do this for all your Managed Objects.
- Open Windows Task Manager, switch to the Processes tab and wait until the following processes have completed:
|Audited System||Netwrix Auditor 8.0 and below||Netwrix Auditor 8.5 after upgrade||Clear install of Netwrix Auditor 8.5|
|Inactive Users in Active Directory||Iut.exe|
|Password Expiration Alerting||Pea.exe||—||Pea.exe|
- Stop product services. Navigate to Start --> Run and type "services.msc"; locate and stop the following services:
Note: If you have Netwrix Auditor Event Log Manager enabled, you must disable his scheduled task. Navigate to Start --> All Programs --> Task Scheduler --> task Scheduler Library and locate the task with description "Starts Netwrix Auditor data collection on Event Log for <your monitoring plan name>". Disable the task.
- Netwrix Auditor Service for SharePoint
- Netwrix Auditor Archive Service (Note: Stop this service only if you use clear install of Netwrix Auditor 8.5).
- Netwrix Auditor User Activity Audit Service (Auditor User Activity Collector for Netwrix Auditor 8.5 and below)
- Netwrix Auditor for File Servers Audit Service
- Netwrix Auditor for Oracle Database Audit Service
- Netwrix Auditor Logon Activity Audit Service
- Netwrix Auditor Data Collection Service
- Netwrix Auditor for Windows Server Audit Service
Note: It is not recommended to store Long-Term Archive on a system disk.
Navigate to the current Long-Term Archive location. Check the path: navigate to Settings --> Long-Term Archive.
- Copy audit data to a new Long-Term Archive location.
- Modify the Long-Term Archive location settings in Netwrix Auditor Console: navigate to Settings --> Long-Term Archive and click Modify. Specify the new path.
- Restart the services and tasks you have stopped.
- Enable audit to each Managed Object as shown on the step 1.