56% of Healthcare Providers Plan to Invest in Data Breach Protection, Says Netwrix Survey
Despite limited resources to deal with cyber threats, healthcare organizations need visibility to improve PHI security and mitigate human error.
Irvine, CA, July 11, 2017
Netwrix Corporation, provider of a visibility platform for user behavior analysis and risk mitigation in hybrid environments, today announced the release of its 2017 IT Risks in Healthcare infographics. Part of the recently published Netwrix 2017 IT Risks Report, these infographics are based on feedback provided by IT specialists working for healthcare organizations around the globe.
The 2017 IT Risks in Healthcare infographics provide a deep look into IT security practices, pains, successful experiences and plans in the healthcare industry. The IT risks are divided into three areas: security, compliance and operations.
The survey’s key findings for the healthcare industry are:
- 95% of healthcare organizations do not use any software for information security governance or risk management.
- 68% of healthcare providers do not have a separate cybersecurity function.
- 56% of healthcare organizations perceive employees to be the biggest threat to system availability and security.
- 59% of healthcare organizations have had to deal with malware, and 47% of healthcare providers have had security incidents caused by human error.
- Only 31% of healthcare organizations claim to be well prepared to beat IT risks.
- The majority of healthcare organizations indicated lack of budget (75%), time (75%) and appropriate participation of senior management (44%) as the main obstacles to taking a more efficient approach towards management of cyber risks.
- 56% of healthcare organizations plan to invest in security solutions to protect against data breach.
"While healthcare organizations continue to struggle with compliance and system availability, the security of electronic health records (EHR) remains their biggest concern by far. Despite the surge in malware attacks and the high price that healthcare records command on the black market, the healthcare industry still sees employees as the main threat to the security of their assets. Even though most employees do not have malicious intent, organizations need to gain visibility into user activity across the IT infrastructure," said Michael Fimin, CEO and co-founder of Netwrix. "Having a clear understanding of what is going on in the environment will help them mitigate the risk of human errors, detect and investigate incidents faster, and, as a result, improve the security of their sensitive patient data."
To download the 2017 IT Risks in Healthcare infographics, please visit: https://netwrix.com/go/itrisksinhealthcare2017.
About Netwrix Corporation
Netwrix Corporation was the first vendor to introduce a visibility and governance platform for hybrid cloud security. More than 160,000 IT departments worldwide rely on Netwrix to detect insider threats on premises and in the cloud, pass compliance audits with less effort and expense, and increase productivity of IT security and operations teams. Founded in 2006, Netwrix has earned more than 100 industry awards and been named to both the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. For more information, visit www.netwrix.com
Avista PR for Netwrix
Your questions and feedback are always welcome. Please dial our toll-free number, 888-638-9749, or enter your question details here and we will reply as soon as possible.