SysAdmin Magazine is a free source of knowledge for IT Pros who are eager to keep a tight grip on network security and do the job faster
The Best of 2017 edition highlights the hottest topics of this year. This is a perfect gift that you can download and make yours—no matter how nice or naughty you’ve been.
- The Top 5 IT Security Trends for 2018
- New Game: Save Xmas and Data!
- Research Lab: Top IT Risks 2017
- Top 5 Free Tools for File Permissions Reporting
The November edition explores the most common IT security risks and offers effective techniques for assessing and reducing them so you can always win the security race.
- 5 Things You Need to Know about IT Risk Assessment
- Top 7 Common Mistakes in Active Directory
- IT News: New Netwrix Auditor 9.5 and its IT Risk Assessment reports
- Tool of the Month: Bulk Password Reset
In this special Halloween edition, we’ll walk you through the scariest IT stories and instruct you how to fight the danger in the most effective way.
- To the Hell and Back: Story of a Ransomware Survivor
- 3 Hair-Raising Ways Departing Employees Steal Your Data
- Monster Inside: 4 Things You Should Never Store in Your Database
- Survival Guide for a Victim of a Horrible Hack
Working with a tight budget? Or you are actually enjoying saving money? This cheapskate edition of Sysadmin Magazine is exactly what you need!
- Top 5 Free Tools for NTFS Permissions Reporting
- Top 5 Free Tools for Account Lockout Troubleshooting
- How to Get Rid of Ransomware at No Cost
- Free Tool of the Month: Effective Permissions Reporting Tool
With the help of the powerful tips and ready-to-use how-tos that you’ll find in the August edition of Sysadmin Magazine, managing your AD monster won’t be a challenge any longer.
- 5 How-tos for AD optimization Using PowerShell
- 3 Ways to Secure Service Accounts in Active Directory
- Infographics: Top Cybersecurity Risks in the Asian-Pacific Region
- Free Tool of the Month: Netwrix Auditor for Active Directory
In the Special edition of Sysadmin Magazine five sysadmins from the Spiceworks community share their anecdotes and IT hacks proving how awesome and irreplaceable sysadmins are.
- My First Day Challenge as a Sysadmin
- Sysadmins Speak Up: 7 Reasons to Become a Sysadmin
- Infographics: Top Cybersecurity Risks in Healthcare
- Free Tool of the Month: Account Lockout Examiner
The June issue of Sysadmin magazine brings you a lightsaber of IT security world – sacred PowerShell cmdlets that will move your IT infrastructure security to an intergalactic level.
- PowerShell: Find Disabled or Inactive Users in Active Directory
- PowerShell: Discover New Users in Active Directory
- Infographics: Top IT Security Risks of 2017
- Free Tool of the Month: Netwrix Auditor Free Community Edition
Combat ransomware and identify aberrant insider activity faster with the tools and best practice guides we have collected for you in the May issue of SysAdmin Magazine.
- Ransomware Removal Using FSRM and PowerShell
- 3-Step Guide to Preventing Privilege Escalation
- IT News: New Netwrix Auditor 9.0 and its Alerts on Threat Patterns
- Free Tool of the Month: Disk Space Monitor
Cream of the crop: five blogs by five Sysadmin Blog Awards winners from all over the globe – all in the special edition of SysAdmin Magazine.
- Step-by-step Guide to Respond to a Ransomware Infection
- IT Pro’s Quick Tip: Adding Cloud to a Group via Office 365 PowerShell
- Which IT Certifications Are Most Valuable?
- Free Tool of the Month: Event Log Manager
The March issue of SysAdmin Magazine highlights four IT pros’ lives and the toughest problems they face at work, they also shed light on the worst breaches and what preventative measures you can take.
- What It’s Like to Be a Color Blind Guy in IT
- Notorious Breaches and Hacks: What Went Wrong?
- Introducing a Brand New Ransomware Strike Game
- Free Tool of the Month: Inactive User Tracker
The February issue of SysAdmin Magazine provides you with a number of time-tested solutions that you can use for a more effective data security strategy.
- UBA Best Practices and Data Security Tips
- Survival Heads-Ups to Protect Data Against CryptoLocker
- Introducing SysAdmin Blog Awards
The January issue of Sysadmin Magazine focuses exclusively on Microsoft Exchange, both on premises and in the cloud. Discover the best ways to maintain system security and optimize your Exchange environment.
- Guide to Enhancing Your Exchange Online Security
- 5 Free Exchange Security Tools
- 2017 IT Security Predictions
- How-to and Free Tool for IT Pros
In the December issue of SysAdmin Magazine you'll find the best articles of 2016.
- AD and Exchange Security Best Practices
- Research Lab: 2016 Cloud Security Report
- Defending Against Crypto-Ransomware Guide
- Top Security Freeware Tools for SysAdmins
The Halloween edition of SysAdmin Magazine is all about best practices and strategies that sysadmins use to protect their IT infrastructure against the wicked spells of insider threats, ransomware, and security incidents.
- Spooky Infographics Highlighting Free Security Tools
- Dirty Secrets of Security Permissions in AD
- Hypnotizing Password Policy in Azure AD
- The Best Halloween Costumes for Courageous
October edition of SysAdmin Magazine offers a wide range of helpful and time-tested tips and tools for these unsung heroes:
- IT Risks Infographics
- Group Policy Troubleshooting Techniques
- Office 365 Password Policy Rules
- How-tos and Technical Guides
For this edition of SysAdmin Magazine, we have gathered handy visibility tips that are meant to help administrators improve IT environment security in their organization.
- 3 visibility tips from IT experts
- 7 ransomware myths
- Infographics about shadow IT
Ransomware is everywhere! This special edition of SysAdmin Magazine will be your handy guide in fighting against ransomware attacks.
- Quick Tweaks to Prevent Ransomware Attacks
- Ransomware protection Using PowerShell
- Ransomware Survival Guide
In this issue of SysAdmin Magazine, you will find analytical articles and useful tips on how to secure your IT systems and set stronger controls over the activity in the IT environment
- Why is an insider threat still a danger?
- How to detect who has installed the software?
- Free tools and exam study guide, handy for IT pros
June issue of SysAdmin Magazine is all about data security. New cloud security trends, how-toes for IT pros, freeware tools and much more.
- Articles: Security trends, Exchange Online security
- Infographics: IT Risk Survey Report 2016
- Best Practices: Active Directory security
- How-to: Detect Changes to OUs in Active Directory
The majority of companies think that the adoption of the cloud is unsafe, because it lacks visibility into user activities. Learn about advanced techniques that help enhance organization’s IT security both on premises and in the cloud.
- IT news: Introducing Netwrix Auditor 8.0
- Articles: Cloud security breaches
- Exchange best practices
- Free tool of the month
In current issue of SysAdmin Magazine we discuss ways to add more value to SIEM reports:
- Articles: SIEM limitations and passing compliance audits
- Infographics: SIEM Efficiency Survey 2016
- Tech Guide: Account lockout policies
- How-to: Detecting who deleted a GPO
Passing IT compliance audits can be long and painful. Get the best practices and tips how to prepare your organization for IT auditors:
- Keynotes from the last ENISA Security Report
- IT compliance standards guide: what is better for your organization?
- Tips how to monitor logon events using MS in-built tools
- How-to about detecting deleted accounts in Active Directory
Get advices and tips on maintaining organization’s security and protecting IT systems from cyberattacks:
- Articles: Cybercrime patterns of 2016, steps to protect your network from cybercriminals
- Analytics: Challenges for IT managers, Dell-EMC merge
- How-to: Detecting who added a user to Domain Admins Group
- Guide: Getting user logon session times
Read the Best Articles of 2015:
- 7 security threat predictions for 2016
- Results of our recent State of IT Changes Survey
- How to fix Exchange server within minutes
- How to detect who read a file on a file server
Discover tips from IT pros in the security news department:
- Articles: privileged identity management
- Tips: two-factor authentication, disaster recovery plan, event log forwarding
- How-to: detecting disabled user deletions, detecting who read a file on file server