For this edition of SysAdmin Magazine, we have gathered handy visibility tips that are meant to help administrators improve IT environment security in their organization.
- 3 visibility tips from IT experts
- 7 ransomware myths
- Infographics about shadow IT
Ransomware is everywhere! This special edition of SysAdmin Magazine will be your handy guide in fighting against ransomware attacks.
- Quick Tweaks to Prevent Ransomware Attacks
- Ransomware protection Using PowerShell
- Ransomware Survival Guide
In this issue of SysAdmin Magazine, you will find analytical articles and useful tips on how to secure your IT systems and set stronger controls over the activity in the IT environment
- Why is an insider threat still a danger?
- How to detect who has installed the software?
- Free tools and exam study guide, handy for IT pros
June issue of SysAdmin Magazine is all about data security. New cloud security trends, how-toes for IT pros, freeware tools and much more.
- Articles: Security trends, Exchange Online security
- Infographics: IT Risk Survey Report 2016
- Best Practices: Active Directory security
- How-to: Detect Changes to OUs in Active Directory
The majority of companies think that the adoption of the cloud is unsafe, because it lacks visibility into user activities. Learn about advanced techniques that help enhance organization’s IT security both on premises and in the cloud.
- IT news: Introducing Netwrix Auditor 8.0
- Articles: Cloud security breaches
- Exchange best practices
- Free tool of the month
In current issue of SysAdmin Magazine we discuss ways to add more value to SIEM reports:
- Articles: SIEM limitations and passing compliance audits
- Infographics: SIEM Efficiency Survey 2016
- Tech Guide: Account lockout policies
- How-to: Detecting who deleted a GPO
Passing IT compliance audits can be long and painful. Get the best practices and tips how to prepare your organization for IT auditors:
- Keynotes from the last ENISA Security Report
- IT compliance standards guide: what is better for your organization?
- Tips how to monitor logon events using MS in-built tools
- How-to about detecting deleted accounts in Active Directory
Get advices and tips on maintaining organization’s security and protecting IT systems from cyberattacks:
- Articles: Cybercrime patterns of 2016, steps to protect your network from cybercriminals
- Analytics: Challenges for IT managers, Dell-EMC merge
- How-to: Detecting who added a user to Domain Admins Group
- Guide: Getting user logon session times
Read the Best Articles of 2015:
- 7 security threat predictions for 2016
- Results of our recent State of IT Changes Survey
- How to fix Exchange server within minutes
- How to detect who read a file on a file server
Discover tips from IT pros in the security news department:
- Articles: privileged identity management
- Tips: two-factor authentication, disaster recovery plan, event log forwarding
- How-to: detecting disabled user deletions, detecting who read a file on file server
The November issue of “SysAdmin Magazine” will give you lots of useful IT tips on SQL Server security.
- 3 prime rules for keeping SQL Server safe
- News about recent data breaches
- How-to to detect changes on SQL server
- Guide about SQL server native auditing
Discover tips in this SysAdmin Magazine editions to organize your approach to compliance audits and prevent a significant security event.
- PCI DSS, HIPAA, FISMA, GLBA, SOX compliance tips
- New Powershell scrips from Adam Bertran
- How-to about monitoring user logons in a domain
The September issue of “SysAdmin Magazine” is a special edition completely focused on the puzzles you can solve with PowerShell scripting.
- PowerShell use for event log monitoring
- Technical tips about PowerShell security
- How-tos about expired passwords and user accounts
Read this issue of SysAdmin Magazine, which is focused on the latest data breaches and give some thought to expert advice on precaution processes like auditing and monitoring.
- Lastest data breaches and its' causes
- PowerShell scripting for event logs filtering and querying
- Native auditing of DHCP server
- How-tos about deletions of DHCP reservations and AD user accounts
- VMware environment security tips
- News about latest data breaches
- VMware server native auditing
- Password management tools
This edition of SysAdmin Magazine is full of technical tips, as well as overviews by our top contributors giving advice on the best ways to keep your data safe by implementing a good password management policy.
- Top advices on password management
- PowerShell scripts to store and retrieve passwords
- How to detect password changes in AD
- Data governance tips
Dig into the May issue of SysAdmin Magazine! This one is full of quality advice about most ways to secure Windows Server: in a form of articles, guides and how-tos.
- Advices on securing Windows Server
- How-tos about completing daily tasks involving Windows Server
- Quick Reference Guides for Windows Server auditing
- Recent IT news in the world of compliance and security
Current issue of SysAdmin MAgazine is “farced” with useful IT tips and tricks to establish and maintain security of Exchange server.
- Ways of keeping Exchange data safe
- How to solve full access permissions issues
- Proper native auditing of Exchange Server
- Recent malware threats
Check out the SysAdmin Magazine edition dedicated to security of SharePoint server: it contains useful tips, guides and how-tos:
- Top ways of keeping sensitive data safe in SharePoint
- How-to audit changes in SharePoint
- Guide about SharePoint native auditing
- How to detect SharePoint permission changes
To help you with file server security challenge, we present to you new issue of SysAdmin Magazine dedicated to security of file servers and containing helpful articles, tips, guides, and how-tos.
- Ways to secure data stored on file servers
- Guides about how to configure native auditing of file servers
- Change auditing tips and how-tos
- Lessons from famous data breaches
Learn how to secure your IT environment from data breaches
- 10 ways to prevent security breaches in AD
- Next breach prevention
- How-to: detecting critical changes in AD