Forewarned is Forearmed: Detecting Windows Registry Attacks
About this webinar
You probably know that hackers have been using the registry’s Run and RunOnce keys for decades to automatically start their malware when a user logs on. While those keys are still being used in attacks, there are many others you need to know about as well. In this webinar, Windows security expert Randy Franklin Smith will shine a light into several dark corners of the registry that bad guys are now exploiting.
In particular, we’ll review how the bad guys are exploiting the registry for privilege elevation, and the most recent way bad guys are leveraging the registry — as a storage location for their code, making their malware file-less.
In this webinar, Randy will show:
- Where to find up-to-date and complete lists of registry keys used for persistence – a list that keeps growing as years go by
- Utilities for monitoring the registry
- How to use Windows Auditing and the Security Log to monitor the registry
- How bad guys hide code in the registry
- Ways bad guys have elevated their privileges via vulnerable registry keys
- How bad guys have injected malicious DLLs into legitimate processes via other registry keys
CEO, Monterey Technology Group, Inc.
Netwrix Auditor Product Demo
See what the new Netwrix Auditor 9.7 has to offer, including how you can prevent data breaches by staying in control of your sensitive and regulated data. Join a Netwrix systems engineer as he demonstrates how to:
- Identify and remediate your biggest security gaps using the IT Risk Assessment dashboard
- Detect and investigate abnormal user behavior faster with alerts and Google-like search
- Minimize response time to common incidents or anticipated threats with Automated Response
- Pass compliance audits with far less effort using Data Discovery and Classification
- And much more
Sign up for the live demo now!