Early Breach Detection: How to Shorten Dwell Time
About this webinar
It’s wise to assume that your IT environment will experience a breach, sooner or later. This approach helps organizations build up-to-date IT security strategies that go beyond fortifying your perimeter to focus on quickly detecting breaches and limiting their impact. How much of a difference does early detection make? According to the Ponemon Institute’s “Cost of a Data Breach” study, breaches that were identified within 100 days cost an average of $5.83 million. However, when intruders were able to dwell in the IT infrastructure longer than that, the average cost shot up to $8.01 million — nearly 40% higher.
Watch our recorded webinar and learn:
- How to detect abnormal user behavior that might result in data loss
- How to mitigate the risk of data theft
- How to minimize the damage an attacker can do
Hiding in Plain Sight: How Attackers Move through the Network Undetected
Once attackers have breached the perimeter, they often lurk in the network for months, looking for valuable data to steal. To stay hidden, they try to make their actions blend in with normal traffic.
By the end of this session, you will know:
· What techniques attackers use to traverse the network without raising alarms
· What native Microsoft tools can help you spot covert attacks
· How you can identify the hiding attacks by using Netwrix Auditor functionality