GDPR for IT Pros in the Real World
About this webinar
GDPR is a four-letter word that has been evoking fear and panic for months now, and while this may be a European regulation, the impact is being felt around the globe, especially in the United States and Canada. Because of this, it’s imperative for you to know how this regulation is changing the course for IT Pros so that you will be fully prepared for when GDPR comes into force and not end up on the wrong side of an audit.
In this webinar you will learn...
- Implications of GDPR for companies based in North America
- How GDPR impacts your role as an IT Pro
- Best Practices for being compliant with GDPR
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Azure
Password123456: Summoning the Password Cracking Beast
Learning how to crack passwords is fun and incredibly useful for assessing the security of your IT environment. It used to be a considerable time and money sponge, requiring you to drop a big chunk of change on a beefy desktop and invest some serious time in building and configuring it. The good news is that now, thanks to the power of the cloud, we can build a rocking virtual cracking box that can try millions of password guesses per second — all for about a dollar an hour.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Build a Linux-based password-cracking VM in minutes
- Install and configure cracking tools and word lists
- Crack Active Directory and wireless passwords
- Make sure your password policy is strong enough to resist password cracking