A Hacker Explains: How Attackers Get Elevated Permissions
About this webinar
Often, to inflict damage on critical systems or steal the data they want, hackers need administrative-level access. Gaining those permissions is not a simple task, since most operating systems now have built-in protections against privilege escalation. But many attackers do succeed.
Watch our recorded webinar and discover:
- Top methods that attackers use to escalate their privileges
- How to defend against these techniques
- How you can quickly identify and investigate privilege escalation
Password123456: Summoning the Password Cracking Beast
Learning how to crack passwords is fun and incredibly useful for assessing the security of your IT environment. It used to be a considerable time and money sponge, requiring you to drop a big chunk of change on a beefy desktop and invest some serious time in building and configuring it. The good news is that now, thanks to the power of the cloud, we can build a rocking virtual cracking box that can try millions of password guesses per second — all for about a dollar an hour.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Build a Linux-based password-cracking VM in minutes
- Install and configure cracking tools and word lists
- Crack Active Directory and wireless passwords
- Make sure your password policy is strong enough to resist password cracking