Only 14% of Asian-Pacific Organizations Claim to Be Well Prepared for IT Risks, Discovers Netwrix Survey
Despite having fairly good visibility into user activity in corporate systems and databases, Asian-Pacific organizations plan to increase investments in data protection.
Irvine, CA, July 26, 2017
Netwrix Corporation, provider of a visibility platform for user behavior analysis and risk mitigation in hybrid environments, today announced the release of its 2017 infographics on IT Risks in the Asia Pacific Region. Part of the recently published Netwrix 2017 IT Risks Report, these infographics are based on feedback provided by IT specialists working in various industries in the Asia Pacific region. This announcement was made at RSA Conference 2017, which is being held July 26–28 in Singapore.
The 2017 infographics on IT Risks in the Asia Pacific Region provide insight into IT security practices, pains, successful experiences and plans common in the region. The IT risks are divided into three areas: security, compliance and operations.
The survey’s key findings for the Asia Pacific region are:
- 85% of organizations do not use any software for information security governance or risk management, and 55% of organizations do not have a separate information security function.
- Organizations perceive hackers (57%) and employees (43%) to be the biggest threats to system availability and security. Third parties with legitimate access to internal systems are seen as only a moderate or low risk by all respondents.
- Organizations claim to have a complete visibility into user activity and IT changes in their endpoints (72%), virtual infrastructure (61%), databases (56%) and on-prem systems (56%).
- 57% of respondents say they had at least one security incident due to malware, while human errors impacted security in 50% of organizations.
- Only 14% of organizations consider themselves to be well prepared to beat IT risks.
- Organizations name lack of budget (57%), insufficient staff training (57%) and complexity of IT infrastructure (57%) as the main obstacles to taking a more efficient approach towards cyber risk management.
- Organizations plan to invest further in protection against data breaches (43%), cyber-sabotage (29%) and fraud (29%).
"Asian-Pacific companies are very careful when estimating whether they are ready to face cyber threats. They acknowledge the need for even more pervasive visibility into user activity in the IT environment to mitigate the human factor, detect and investigate IT incidents, ensure security of data, and maximize system uptime. And they are approaching their goal step by step," said Michael Fimin, CEO and co-founder of Netwrix.
To learn more about the IT risks organizations around the globe face today, please visit: www.netwrix.com/go/itrisksinasia2017.
About Netwrix Corporation
Netwrix Corporation was the first vendor to introduce a visibility and governance platform for hybrid cloud security. More than 160,000 IT departments worldwide rely on Netwrix to detect insider threats on premises and in the cloud, pass compliance audits with less effort and expense, and increase productivity of IT security and operations teams. Founded in 2006, Netwrix has earned more than 100 industry awards and been named to both the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. For more information, visit www.netwrix.com
Avista PR for Netwrix
Your questions and feedback are always welcome. Please dial our toll-free number, 888-638-9749, or enter your question details here and we will reply as soon as possible.