Spectre, Meltdown, and the Impact of Security Vulnerabilities on your IT Environment
About this webinar
Most vulnerabilities that organizations have to deal with are related to a specific product or operating system. Occasionally, however, vulnerabilities are disclosed in hardware that is used in almost every business, as is the case with CPU vulnerabilities such as Spectre and Meltdown.
In this session, Orin Thomas and Jeff Melnick will discuss:
- how speculative execution and side channel methods work
- what impact they may have on your IT environment
- steps that you can take to mitigate the vulnerabilities
Pluralsight author. Microsoft MVP
Behind the Scenes: 4 Ways Your Organization Can Be Hacked
If you had a hacker sneaking around your network right now, how would you know? In this webinar, Brian Johnson from 7 Minute Security will reveal some of the top security gaps that attackers can use to breach an organization’s IT perimeter. Then Jeff Melnick from Netwrix will show how Netwrix Auditor can catch attackers red-handed before they can take control of your systems.
The session will uncover:
- How to access a network using a foothold on a compromised machine
- How to gain remote physical access using a hacking tool such as LAN Turtle
- How to brute-force a local workstation’s admin account
- How to detect suspicious activity in its early stages to prevent a breach
Come see what some real-world attacks look like — and how to stop them in their tracks!