Spectre, Meltdown, and the Impact of Security Vulnerabilities on your IT Environment
About this webinar
Most vulnerabilities that organizations have to deal with are related to a specific product or operating system. Occasionally, however, vulnerabilities are disclosed in hardware that is used in almost every business, as is the case with CPU vulnerabilities such as Spectre and Meltdown.
In this session, Orin Thomas and Jeff Melnick will discuss:
- how speculative execution and side channel methods work
- what impact they may have on your IT environment
- steps that you can take to mitigate the vulnerabilities
Pluralsight author. Microsoft MVP
Expert Advice: How to Stay Off the HIPAA “Wall of Shame”
HIPAA’s “Wall of Shame” lists all breaches that affected at least 500 individuals. In the past two years alone, 394 breaches made the list, almost a half of which was the result of unauthorized access or disclosure. How can you set risk-appropriate access controls and keep your organization off the “wall of shame”?
Join HIPAA consultant David Ginsberg as he shares a real-world use case and expert advice, including
- How to determine who has access to sensitive data
- How to detect any PHI that surfaces outside of a secure location
- How to demonstrate to auditors that you protect data as required by HIPAA