Spectre, Meltdown, and the Impact of Security Vulnerabilities on your IT Environment
About this webinar
Most vulnerabilities that organizations have to deal with are related to a specific product or operating system. Occasionally, however, vulnerabilities are disclosed in hardware that is used in almost every business, as is the case with CPU vulnerabilities such as Spectre and Meltdown.
In this session, Orin Thomas and Jeff Melnick will discuss:
- how speculative execution and side channel methods work
- what impact they may have on your IT environment
- steps that you can take to mitigate the vulnerabilities
Pluralsight author. Microsoft MVP
Password123456: Summoning the Password Cracking Beast
Learning how to crack passwords is fun and incredibly useful for assessing the security of your IT environment. It used to be a considerable time and money sponge, requiring you to drop a big chunk of change on a beefy desktop and invest some serious time in building and configuring it. The good news is that now, thanks to the power of the cloud, we can build a rocking virtual cracking box that can try millions of password guesses per second — all for about a dollar an hour.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Build a Linux-based password-cracking VM in minutes
- Install and configure cracking tools and word lists
- Crack Active Directory and wireless passwords
- Make sure your password policy is strong enough to resist password cracking