The 3 Pillars of SharePoint Security
About this webinar
Many organizations purchase and implement software solutions based on factors like a rich feature set, a low price and an appealing user interface. Unfortunately, security issues are often pushed to the side or forgotten altogether. Consider SharePoint, Microsoft’s flagship collaboration platform. Organizations adopt it readily because it’s extremely powerful and easy to use, but all too often, they fail to take the time to really understand the security concerns and implement appropriate security practices.
Watch this webinar on demand to learn the core tenets of SharePoint security, including:
- Enforcing the least-privilege principle
- Controlling and monitoring access to sensitive data
- Ensuring that important data is shared securely
- Understanding your permissions layout
Password123456: Summoning the Password Cracking Beast
Learning how to crack passwords is fun and incredibly useful for assessing the security of your IT environment. It used to be a considerable time and money sponge, requiring you to drop a big chunk of change on a beefy desktop and invest some serious time in building and configuring it. The good news is that now, thanks to the power of the cloud, we can build a rocking virtual cracking box that can try millions of password guesses per second — all for about a dollar an hour.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Build a Linux-based password-cracking VM in minutes
- Install and configure cracking tools and word lists
- Crack Active Directory and wireless passwords
- Make sure your password policy is strong enough to resist password cracking