What the California Consumer Privacy Act Means for IT Pros
About this webinar
Once you completed your immense prep work for the GDPR, you probably thought you could relax for a bit. No such luck! A new GDPR-like law was signed in June — the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If you think that it won’t impact you because your company isn’t based in California, we have bad news for you: CCPA applies to all organizations that store the personal information of California residents.
If you want to be fully prepared for the new regulation, join GDPR consultant Micah Woolstenhulme and Netwrix VP of Product Management Ilia Sotnikov to learn:
- What the CCPA is and the specific requirements it imposes on organizations
- The similarities and key differences between the CCPA and the GDPR
- The challenges that the CCPA brings to organizations
- The measures you can take now to deal with these challenges
Vice President, Product Management
Password123456: Summoning the Password Cracking Beast
Learning how to crack passwords is fun and incredibly useful for assessing the security of your IT environment. It used to be a considerable time and money sponge, requiring you to drop a big chunk of change on a beefy desktop and invest some serious time in building and configuring it. The good news is that now, thanks to the power of the cloud, we can build a rocking virtual cracking box that can try millions of password guesses per second — all for about a dollar an hour.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Build a Linux-based password-cracking VM in minutes
- Install and configure cracking tools and word lists
- Crack Active Directory and wireless passwords
- Make sure your password policy is strong enough to resist password cracking