Best Practices for GDPR and CCPA Compliance
This white paper analyzes data from an in-depth survey of North American organizations about their plans for GDPR and CCPA compliance. It provide detailed information about the following key takeaways:
- The GDPR and CCPA should not be treated as singular pieces of legislation, but more as the leading edge.
- Many organizations subject to the GDPR are still not compliant.
- CCPA introduces several of the GDPR’s core principles of data protection to the United States.
- Concern among regulators about the misuse of personal data is growing, in large part due to high-profile data breaches and the inappropriate use of personal data for micro-targeting of advertising to sway elections.
- All organizations that collect, control or process personal data need to step up their data protection measures, including adopting approaches and technologies to safeguard that data and ensure its authenticity and integrity.
- Organizations that do not take appropriate steps will face steep fines, loss of reputation, loss of brand value and lost business opportunities.