It’s not easy to find monitoring software that is flexible enough to adjust to your changing IT environment and meet new business needs as they arise. To secure Dell EMC storages from top to bottom, you need EMC tools that not only enable EMC storage monitoring, but also help you comply with your organization's EMC storage and file policies and data security controls. Is there a way to make a smart decision that won’t turn into a useless purchase you’ll regret later?
The disadvantages of many EMC monitoring tools
Here’s what you need to consider when looking for EMC tools to monitor your file storage more efficiently:
- Ensure the monitoring solution provides the comprehensive detail you need to detect threats and answer auditors’ questions. A number of storage monitoring solutions fail to provide the details required by auditors, which can result in compliance failures, as well as potential security holes.
- Take a close look at how scalable the monitoring solution is. As your organization acquires new units or expands to accommodate additional locations or responsibilities, you may be required to have EMC auditing on file storage platforms you don’t currently have, or even platforms that don't exist yet. For instance, some monitoring tools are designed to audit EMC VNX or VNXe only, and are not compatible with EMC Isilon or Celerra, let alone platforms that may come on the market a year from now.
- Evaluate what skills and how much time using the tool will require. Many file storage auditing solutions require specialized knowledge of how each particular storage facility logs events and stores data. On top of that, some of them require expertise in the specific technical details of EMC storage auditing.
- Consider where the EMC audit data will be stored after it is collected. After data has been collected from all the systems in your environment that store sensitive data, you need to keep that data securely. But it needs to be readily available for reporting, so you can manage your storage on an ongoing basis and provide reports detailing events from the past whenever an auditor knocks at your door.
Ensuring EMC storage reporting and security intelligence for advanced monitoring
Wouldn’t it be nice to have an EMC storage monitoring solution that provides comprehensive insight into activity across your EMC devices, while requiring minimal effort from its users compared to other products and delivering the scalability required to meet your business needs today and into the future?
Netwrix Auditor for EMC not only audits the broadest scope of EMC storage devices, such as Isilon, VNX, VNXe and Celerra, but also helps your organization
strengthen data security, streamline compliance reporting and increase operational efficiency — all while simplifying auditing processes.
With Netwrix Auditor you can:
- Install and use the solution with minimal effort and no special skills required, and then save time every day thanks to its automated processes.
- Quickly spot suspicious changes to files, folders, shares and permissions and chase down unauthorized access events before a breach occurs.
- Stay aware of everything what’s going on in your EMC environment by simply subscribing to the insightful reports you need; you’ll get them automatically on the schedule you specify.
- Investigate suspicious activity in minutes by identifying the root cause of illicit activity with the Google-like Interactive Search.
- Shield your critical data better by instantly spotting and quickly remediating insider threats, ransomware and other attacks with threshold-based alerts.
- Keep your EMC security intelligence in a two-tiered (file-based + SQL Server database) storage for over 10 years for in-house security investigations or periodic audit checks.