Netwrix adds data discovery and classification functionality to Netwrix Auditor
Netwrix Corporation, provider of a visibility platform for data security and risk mitigation in hybrid environments, today announced the release of Netwrix Auditor – Data Discovery and Classification Edition. The new edition provides complete visibility into where sensitive files are, what content is inside them, who can access these files and who actually uses them, so organizations can mitigate the risk of data breaches and prove the effectiveness of their security controls.
Netwrix Auditor – Data Discovery and Classification Edition was developed in partnership with Concept Searching, the global leader in semantic metadata generation. The solution empowers risk, compliance, data security officers and IT security pros to prioritize their efforts and secure data in accordance with its value or sensitivity. It enables them to mitigate the risk of PII, PHI, PCI and IP being stored outside dedicated locations and apply controls and policies consistently and accurately, so their organization can ensure both data security and regulatory compliance.
The key features include:
- Deep insight into sensitive data. New predefined reports provide visibility into where sensitive files are, what content is inside them, who can access the files and who actually uses them. Subscriptions automate report delivery to any stakeholders.
- Fast and accurate search of sensitive data. The new edition empowers you to quickly hone in on files containing very specific information —without any downtime or having to create new rules. For example, you can quickly find all personal data related to an individual in order to comply with the GDPR’s "right to be forgotten".
- Reusable index. A unique ability to accumulate complex, multi-term metadata — not based on phrases, proximity, keywords or pre-configured taxonomies — eliminates the need to re-index the entire data repository whenever a classification rule is added or changed.
- Predefined and custom discovery rules. Out-of-the-box rules for identifying data protected by GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPAA and other regulations simplify the discovery process. Granular settings can be customized to find the exact data that matters to the business.
- Statistical, concept-based analysis. Statistical analysis of multi-word concepts ensures a better understanding of the sensitive information patterns specific to the organization and provides more relevant results than are possible by relying solely on keywords and semantic analysis.
- Incremental indexing. New files and changes to existing files are automatically detected and quickly indexed and classified, without full re-collection.
One of the most significant aspects of data protection is the ability to prioritize your security efforts to ensure your business-critical data is under close surveillance. Apart from dealing with evolving cyber threats, organizations now have to ensure compliance with the GDPR and provide hard evidence that sensitive files are not overexposed and data is processed securely. Netwrix Auditor – Data Discovery and Classification Edition can help companies gain a high-level view of what’s going on with their sensitive data and easily understand which data requires more attention, so they can improve the effectiveness of their security strategies and increase business value.
Steve Dickson, CEO of Netwrix
Netwrix Auditor is a visibility platform for data security and risk mitigation that enables control over changes, configurations and access in hybrid IT environments to protect data regardless of its location. The platform provides security intelligence to identify security holes, detect anomalies in user behavior and investigate threat patterns in time to prevent real damage.
Netwrix Auditor – Data Discovery and Classification Edition is available worldwide starting April 12, 2018. Learn more: https://www.netwrix.com/data_discovery_and_classification.html
Netwrix makes data security easy thereby simplifying how professionals can control sensitive, regulated and business-critical data, regardless of where it resides. More than 11,500 organizations worldwide rely on Netwrix solutions to secure sensitive data, realize the full business value of enterprise content, pass compliance audits with less effort and expense, and increase the productivity of IT teams and knowledge workers.
Founded in 2006, Netwrix has earned more than 150 industry awards and been named to both the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of the fastest growing companies in the U.S.
For more information, visit www.netwrix.com.
Your questions and feedback are always welcome. Please dial our toll-free number: 888 - 638 - 9749, or enter your question details here and we will reply as soon as possible.
Erin Jones, Avista PR for Netwrix
Phone: 704 - 664 - 2170