Tracking Activity with SQL Reporting Software
Any unauthorized change or access event on your SQL Server can jeopardize the security of your enterprise’s business intelligence or cause system disruptions. To protect your sensitive data and ensure no suspicious user activity goes under your radar, you need to keep an eye on every action that takes place across your SQL databases. However, using native SQL reporting tools can be a real challenge because it requires manual scripting and crawling through mountains of audit data from disparate sources. Is there a simpler way to get comprehensive audit data analysis and reporting?
Enabling SQL database reporting with built-in tools
To track activity across your SQL databases, you can use the native SQL Server reporting tools in SQL Server Management Studio. But be ready to spend time and effort creating and executing queries to answer questions such as who deleted a database or how permissions were modified — especially if you’re not fluent in Transact-SQL. Plus, you’ll need a lot of patience and a sharp eye to sift through hundreds of rows of data in order to put the pieces of the puzzle together from those hard-to-read reports.
Streamlining SQL Server reporting with Netwrix Auditor
Netwrix Auditor for SQL is a reporting software for SQL Server that delivers powerful security analytics and audit data analysis. Insightful, ready-to-use reports and dashboards show you all the critical details about every change and access event that can put your sensitive data at risk or cause server downtime. With Netwrix Auditor at your fingertips, you can:
- Spot aberrant activity in minutes. The actionable dashboards and reports are generated using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and deliver all the critical details you need about each action, including who performed the action and when and where it occurred.
- Slash the time you spend on report creation. Simply subscribe to the reports you need most and they’ll be delivered automatically on the schedule you specify.
- Easily dig deeper into the root cause of any action that you deem suspicious with the Google-like Interactive Search.
- Detect and remediate insider threats faster with alerts on critical activity.
- Keep your SQL Server audit data for years in a two-tiered (file-based + SQL Server database) storage and use it to easily generate reports whenever you need to.