Palmer College of Chiropractic Achieves Regulatory Compliance and Secures its Hybrid Environment
We went from ‘I don’t know what happened’ to ‘Ok, I see precisely what happened in this environment and who did it.’ We went from spending days figuring out what is wrong to detecting the issue in a couple of minutes. And thanks to Netwrix Auditor, now we are more comfortable with moving sensitive data from our file servers to SharePoint Online, which will contribute to our productivity and save storage.
James Mountain, Director of Information Security Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Achieve on-going compliance with HIPAA, PCI DSS and FERPA.
- Continuously track all configuration changes and access attempts across critical systems to deter improper behavior and ensure user accountability.
- Streamline auditing of Azure AD and SharePoint Online to make sure that all the accounts and data stored there would be secure.
The software shows me all access events and changes to data we store in the cloud, and notifies when unauthorized users are trying to open certain files or somebody modifies SharePoint Online configurations. Now we are feeling more comfortable with migrating data from our file servers to the cloud.
James Mountain, Director of Information Security,
Palmer College of Chiropractic
James chose Netwrix Auditor because it increases employee accountability by providing a high-level overview of user activity across all IT systems, along with detailed information about who did what, when and where.
- Validation of internal security policies. With the detailed information Netwrix Auditor provides about user activity, the IT team has complete visibility into changes and data access events across the IT environment, so they can easily detect any action that violates internal security policies and compliance regulations.
- Investigations made easy. Now James can investigate any sequence of events to determine the root cause of a problem in mere minutes. Thus, he can quickly troubleshoot both security incidents and operational issues. “Without Netwrix Auditor, I would have to hire three full-time employees just to monitor logs. And it would have been the most boring job ever,” he mentioned.
- Visibility into the cloud environment. Before moving sensitive data to SharePoint Online, James uses Netwrix Auditor for Office 365 to ensure his team can audit activity there properly and promptly detect potentially malicious activity in the cloud. Moreover, enhanced visibility into Azure AD helped James identify inactive machines and user accounts; removing them enabled him to not only close security gaps but also slash licensing costs for various IT products.
- Improved security, both on premises and in the cloud
- Ensured user accountability
- Delivered significant cost savings
Palmer College is the oldest and largest chiropractic college in the world. It also has the world’s largest chiropractic outpatient clinic system, giving students real-world patient experience and prepare them for a satisfying career and lifelong learning. In fact, one third of all practicing chiropractors are Palmer graduates, and they contribute to the health and well-being of people around the globe. The college’s main campus is in Iowa, U.S., with branch campuses in Florida and California.
Customer: Palmer College of Chiropractic