Banks, credit unions, insurance companies,
Prove VMware Compliance with Less Effort and Expense
Adoption of virtualization technology brings with it a variety of cyber risks, especially if you are virtualizing business-critical applications. With this in mind, many regulatory standards now contain requirements specific to virtual and cloud environments. If your organization relies on VMware virtualization software, the compliance regulations you are subject to likely include VMware regulatory compliance requirements for implementing certain security controls in your IT infrastructure in order to ensure the integrity, availability and security of your information systems and sensitive data.
Why Proving VMware Regulatory Compliance with Native Logs is a Challenging Task
Internal and external auditors will require proof that IT controls fulfilling the requirements of applicable regulations are — and have always been — in place. They will be asking questions such as who created a new virtual machine (VM) or who reconfigured one. Answering these kinds of questions with native logs can be challenging because native logs are sparse and difficult to interpret, and they can be overwritten due to short-term retention capabilities. Therefore, having control over who is doing what in your VMware environment and being able to review that activity in an easy-to-read format is essential for maintaining a compliance capable virtual environment. With requirements getting stricter, security and compliance assessments will only become more costly, time consuming, and difficult to pass if you have only native logs at your disposal. Accordingly, IT managers are looking for ways to both prove compliance and also make the overall process as easy and straightforward as possible.
Overcoming Limitations of Native Logs and Streamlining VMware Compliance
Netwrix Auditor for VMware gives you a full visibility into what is happening in your VMware platform, including changes made to VMware vCenter and its servers, VMware vSphere, standalone ESXi hosts, and virtual machines, along with their technical configurations and the resources assigned to them. Hundreds of customers report that Netwrix Auditor has helped them streamline compliance reporting and maintain continuously compliant environments by enabling them to:
- Automatically track user activity and receive actionable data in a readable format on this activity, including detailed information on who changed what, when and where each change was made, and the before and after values for each modification
- Easily provide evidence of their compliance using out-of-the box reports aligned with the compliance controls of major regulatory standards, including CJIS, HIPAA, PCI DSS, and NERC CIP
- Speed investigations and quickly address specific questions from auditors with the Google-like interactive search
- Stay alert to activity that violates the organization’s VMware security policy with customizable email notifications
- Keep audit data archived for years while retaining easy access to it for future compliance reference