Efficient NetApp CIFS Auditing for Stronger Data Security
You know how important it is to stay on top of all activity across your NetApp filers. Even though sometimes it’s hard to even catch your breath between one major issue and another, don’t wait for a data breach to take action to protect your valuable data. To minimize the risk of unauthorized activity jeopardizing NetApp security, you need to enable reliable, highly detailed NetApp CIFS auditing.
Setting up NetApp CIFS auditing with native tools
How can you know when there has been an unauthorized change to a file, folder or permission, or an access event to a folder with sensitive data? One way to enable NetApp CIFS auditing is to use built-in capabilities. First, you’ll need to identify which event IDs have to be monitored, and then you’ll have to configure the CIFS system access control lists, specify various auditing settings and manage the resulting logs. Then you’ll have to expend even more of your valuable time deciphering complex piles of cryptic codes with hard-to-understand details. Ready for an easier option?
Streamlining NetApp CIFS auditing with Netwrix Auditor
Netwrix Auditor for NetApp simplifies CIFS auditing by delivering 360-degree visibility into everything what’s happening across your NetApp filers, including every change to permissions, files and folders, as well as every file access event. Its security intelligence and advanced search and alerting features help you spot and investigate threats faster and reduce the risk of damage to your critical assets. Plus, it supports all the latest versions of clustered Data ONTAP. This one tool can make a big difference in the daily routine of your IT team.
With Netwrix Auditor at your fingertips, you can:
- Review effective permissions, see how data is used and identify data owners across your NetApp filers with file analysis reports.
- Keep an eye on everything what’s going on in your NetApp environment by simply subscribing to the reports you need; you’ll get them automatically on the schedule you specify.
- Get to the root cause of any suspicious change or access event in minutes with the Google-like interactive search.
- Shield your sensitive data better by instantly identifying insider threats, ransomware and other attacks with threshold-based alerts. For instance, you can create a threshold-based alert on multiple failed logons and spot a brute-force attack in progress, so you can take immediate action to protect your systems and data.
- Keep your NetApp security intelligence in a two-tiered (file-based + SQL Server database) storage for years for in-house security investigations and periodic audit checks.